Welcome to London Tonight Tonight.

This is the official website of London Tonight, on ITV1 in London and the South East every weeknight at 6pm.


8.10.09

Weather blog

Good evening,
 
The neighbour who pumps water out of the river to irrigate his garden (remember? he's the one whose pump -operational noise of a coffee grinder crossed with an elderly vacuum cleaner- provided the soundtrack to our summer) evidently pays no heed to the weather forecast.
 
I don't take this personally, the media after all provide a huge daily selection of meteorological information. My mild irritation is not, therefore, fuelled by hurt feelings but by a degree of exasperation that prior to the last 3 days of accurately predicted leaden skies & outbreaks of rain, the pump had been on for 36 hours without a break. 2 days & 1 night of background mechanical buzzing which ultimately served very little purpose.
 
So as I huffed out with the dogs this morning enjoying the first blue sky since Sunday, I was grateful that our paths didn't cross obliging me to swallow my true feelings & offer a cheery (albeit tight lipped) 'Good morning'.
 
After a damp blip tomorrow afternoon things look pretty good for the weekend so there'll be a spring in my step again. Unless, of course, the pump is put back into service.
 
Hope to see you later,
 
Robin