Welcome to London Tonight Tonight.

This is the official website of London Tonight, on ITV1 in London and the South East every weeknight at 6pm.


12.5.09

Weather blog

Good evening,

My neighbour, Joan, was delighted with yesterday's weather. Monday is wash day in her house & she was able to do "four full loads & get them all breeze dried before teatime".

Having worked over the weekend I had the day off & decided to tackle the garden which is a riot of apple, cherry & lilac blossom. Riot is a carefully chosen word given that much of the blossom was travelling horizontally in the strong easterly winds, with the net result that the trees are now looking rather denuded. I can't in all honesty claim that my efforts at gardening have improved things greatly either....

The weather's pretty shabby for the next few days; cloud & rain being the staple ingredients. So if, like Joan, you like to 'peg out' I'm afraid you've missed your chance.

ITV London bulletins, however, will be unaffected weather conditions so I hope we'll see you later.

Robin.