Welcome to London Tonight Tonight.

This is the official website of London Tonight, on ITV1 in London and the South East every weeknight at 6pm.


21.4.09

Weather blog

Good evening.

Even the current dry, warm & sunny weather didn't take the edge off yesterday's 'Supermarket Incident'.

The UK remains one of the world leaders in poor customer service. I know this, but each time I'm a victim I'm still surprised.

A manager's special was charged at a very unspecial price & so I queried it. Very politely. Help (a misnomer) came in the form of a junior manager who initially insisted I was wrong & then, when it became clear the mistake was his, offered no apology but instead said the fault was mine because I hadn't told him where to look.

This was then made worse by the barrage of abuse I received from the lady in the queue behind me who seemed to think the inevitable delay was my fault & that I was enjoying being an awkward customer.

I despair.

Online shopping from now on, I think....

Until later,

Robin.

P.S. The weather's staying good for the rest of the week!