Welcome to London Tonight Tonight.

This is the official website of London Tonight, on ITV1 in London and the South East every weeknight at 6pm.


9.9.09

Weather blog

 
Good evening,
 
Bagpipes.
 
They divide people in a Marmite kind of way.
 
For me they are serious Room 101 material. Although I'm half Scottish they strike a chill into my heart which prevents me from seeing anything positive in them. I can be in a sublimely good mood but one note from that heinous wind instrument can send my spirits plunging into the abyss. I don't hear music I hear noise & it's a noise I want to stop. Obviously this is a deeply personal view with which many will disagree & it has little to do with the weather. It is, in fact, a totally irrelevant topic except that as I walked to work through Westminster this morning observing the weather & assessing the accuracy of yesterday's forecasts I was distracted by a bagpipe player.The same thing happened a matter of hours later when I emerged from the tube in Holborn on my way to the newsroom with the net result that I now think of today's weather in exclusively negative terms, owing to its hateful & seemingly inescapable soundtrack.
 
This isn't fair, of course. The weather's really not too bad. Settled, largely dry, not too cold & sometimes quite bright. I just need to get a grip, find some other music as an antidote & all will be well.
 
Hope to see you later,
 
Robin